Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dance to the Music

I am so excited to dance at this wedding, people. When I first landed in L.A., I used to go out dancing all the time. I was particularly fond of the revived Rodney Bingenheimer's English Disco on Melrose Avenue. Sometimes, late at night, you can still see Rodney at that Denny's on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood.

We are going to have an excellent musical program for you. Matt Messbarger has crafted a cocktail hour mix that will surely be delightful. (Matt not only has good taste, he has access to all kinds of 1950s oddities, such as "I'm a Mummy," which he once put on CD for me that he titled "Goofy Tunes." It is by far the most normal song on that compilation, and it is quite awesome to have it blasting from your car as you drive around L.A.) My parents have scoured their record collection to find 30s and 40s jazz and big band gems for the dinner hour. And later, for the get-down hour, our DJ Jim Evens will be spinning (via a Mac, of course) soul, garage, Motown, plus your requests, so get them to us if you haven't already!

Speaking of Jim, tune in to Showtime at 7:30PST tonight if you want to check out his band, Helen Stellar, performing in the Gregg Araki movie KABOOM! Also, he's from Chicago. +2.

See you on the dance floor!


2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why we're plugging Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Jim that he might want to mention on here that he plays vinyl normally but he didn't see it as that much of a threat to his DJ credibility.

    ReplyDelete